Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Proobok 450 G1
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a problem since 2 years about (probably after some drivers update, or wifi card is broken).

The problem looks like this:

- wifi is connected, and after 15 min, it disconnect. If I try connect sometimes it cannot. And I have to try even 2-3 times to reconnect. More often, I can reconnect for the first time. If I use computer for about all day, it happens 20-40 times during this period.

To be clear I will post what I've checked and what is not a problem in this case:

- computer is close to router and have the most signal strength as possible

- I unchecked option "disconnecting wifi due to power savings" in setinngs of Wifi card in device drivers

- I have selected option "connect automatically" - even that, after disconnectint it never connect automatically

- during this disconnecting I have 2 other laptops (Dell, and HP Omen) and those computers works all the time and never disconnect in the same time.

- I did update HPSA, I did update windows and wifi card drivers to the newest one

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON. Maybe buying new wifi card for this computer will solve this problem ?

Best Regards,

Paweł

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.