1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

My WIFI keeps disconnecting frequently from time to time - no reason

HP Recommended
HP Proobok 450 G1
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a problem since 2 years about (probably after some drivers update, or wifi card is broken).

The problem looks like this:

- wifi is connected, and after 15 min, it disconnect. If I try connect sometimes it cannot. And I have to try even 2-3 times to reconnect. More often, I can reconnect for the first time. If I use computer for about all day, it happens 20-40 times during this period.

To be clear I will post what I've checked and what is not a problem in this case:

- computer is close to router and have the most signal strength as possible

- I unchecked option "disconnecting wifi due to power savings" in setinngs of Wifi card in device drivers

- I have selected option "connect automatically" - even that, after disconnectint it never connect automatically

- during this disconnecting I have 2 other laptops (Dell, and HP Omen) and those computers works all the time and never disconnect in the same time.

- I did update HPSA, I did update windows and wifi card drivers to the newest one

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON. Maybe buying new wifi card for this computer will solve this problem ?

Best Regards,

Paweł

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation