Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My computer did the automatic update, after the reboot my WiFi options had disappeared. So now I can't find my WiFi connections.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Erickguzmm

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Pavilion notebook.

I understand that you WIFI option disappears or not showing, please check this information:

:Arrow_Right:You can check the drivers updates: HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads 

Try these steps: 

✔️Go to Device manager > select the WIFI drivers under network adapter> Right click go to properties  > Under properties go to Power Management Tab> Uncheck  "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". 

🛑 If issue persists, continue with the below steps: 

• If your computer has a wireless key or button on or near the keyboard and the wireless activity light is off or amber in color, then press the key or button to enable your wireless adapter. This key might be the F10 key, F12 key or labeled with a symbol of an airplane. 

• If wireless activity comes on or the activity light turns blue, you have enabled wireless on your system. Try connecting to the Internet again. If problems persist, continue using these steps. 

• If your computer does not have a wireless key or the wireless activity lights remains off or orange, then continue using these steps. 

• Click Start, type troubleshooting into the Search field. 

• Select troubleshooting from the search results. 

• Click Network and Internet. 

• Click Internet Connections 

Here's a guided troubleshooter that will help fix this issue: Wireless Network Issues

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

@Erickguzmm

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Pavilion notebook.

I understand that you WIFI option disappears or not showing, please check this information:

:Arrow_Right:You can check the drivers updates: HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads 

Try these steps: 

✔️Go to Device manager > select the WIFI drivers under network adapter> Right click go to properties  > Under properties go to Power Management Tab> Uncheck  "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". 

🛑 If issue persists, continue with the below steps: 

• If your computer has a wireless key or button on or near the keyboard and the wireless activity light is off or amber in color, then press the key or button to enable your wireless adapter. This key might be the F10 key, F12 key or labeled with a symbol of an airplane. 

• If wireless activity comes on or the activity light turns blue, you have enabled wireless on your system. Try connecting to the Internet again. If problems persist, continue using these steps. 

• If your computer does not have a wireless key or the wireless activity lights remains off or orange, then continue using these steps. 

• Click Start, type troubleshooting into the Search field. 

• Select troubleshooting from the search results. 

• Click Network and Internet. 

• Click Internet Connections 

Here's a guided troubleshooter that will help fix this issue: Wireless Network Issues

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That is a horrible solution, as there is NO WIFI OPTION IN MY SETTINGS. Its all vanished. Disappeared. HP should take ownership of this issue!!!

HP Recommended

@MandarG

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Barachiel is at your service. 

I Understand you are in need of support,

And to help you out, I'm sending out a Private message with the required instructions,

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile 

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage 

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

(The reason we are utilizing the private message is because the instructions are critical,

And we don't want it in the wrong hands).

Keep me posted,

Good Luck. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Can you send me the private instructions too?? My WiFi option is gone!
HP Recommended
Please help! This has happened to me. My WiFi has gone from everything. Device manager. Gone!!
HP Recommended
This just happened to me! How do i fix it?
HP Recommended

@Sryleigh83

Welcome to HP forums, I understand that you are getting wireless connection issue.

I would like to assist you.

• Provide the computer model number or the product number.
  • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?

Reply with the requested information for more assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thank you for your reply but we actually figured it out on our own. We just reset the drivers and all is working fine.
HP Recommended

@Sryleigh83

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Good to know that issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in future if you need any assistance.

Please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others and please give the same post a Kudos for my efforts to help.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.