09-11-2019 08:32 PM
I bought the laptop in the last week of June but opened the laptop around 12 days ago. Upon starting the laptop, I saw that the laptop is recognizing just my home's wifi and its speed was tremendously low. Due to that, it was unable to connect to the home wifi. As I got right next to the wifi router, its speed got normal. Also, it only connects to the 5GHz connection, never to the 2.5 GHz connection. Then, as I moved a bit far away from the router, the wifi connection would disconnect right away. However, wifi works perfectly on my other laptop and phone from my room. My other laptop can detect other wifis within their correct range as well; hp laptop is unable to do that. I have tried updating my network adapter so many times, updated my windows, also installed some hp network software from the hp solutions website. Everything has been in vain. This laptop is so perfect, however, this wifi issue is not letting me get the best use of my new laptop.
Please help me!
09-15-2019 03:03 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
- Did you make any changes on the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
- Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Next, uninstall Network adapter from device manager.
- Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.
- Select Device Manager.
- Expand the entry. Right-click the Network adapter and select Uninstall device.
- You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.
- Reboot the computer.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee