cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EmberJ
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

My internet connection lasts only for few minutes, then shows "No internet, secured"

HP Recommended
Elitebook 840 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Whenever I connect to my WiFi router, it works properly for sometime, but then after 5-30 mins it shows "No internet access" but it remains connected to the router (https://imgur.com/a/l8rT6yk).  During this time I cannot use internet at all.

This problem gets solved after I right-click on the WiFi icon and troubleshoot problems (https://imgur.com/a/yCjkXdJ). It also gets solved when I disconnect and reconnect to the WiFi. However the error comes back again after 5-30 minutes. This gets annoying because while I watch an episode of a show on Netflix, this error keeps coming 3-4 times an hour and I am fed up of troubleshooting it again and again. 

This problem only occurs on my laptop because i can use my phone properly on the same wifi. Even my sister's laptop works fine. Also, this problem only occurs on my netgear router because I am able to use my phone hotspot and other wifi routers normally without errors. 

I have tried :

- winsock reset

- static ip

- factory reset

- deleting and updating network adapter

- disabled the power management option to stop internet on low battery

and many more that I cannot remember now.

Please tell me if you need more info. I am willing to do even give remote access to trustworthy people to solve this. That's how desperate I am.

I have searched around different websites to solve this problem and tried every possible fix but unable to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation