cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
EfezinoEe
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My laptop is not discovering my phone's hot spot.

HP Recommended
HP pavilion g4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop cannot discover my phone's hotspot but other laptops can. I have tried troubleshooting the network adapter. Updating the network adapter and even manually connecting the network but all have not provided me a solution. This is really affecting my school schedule and j need a solution. Please what do you think I should do. 

1 REPLY 1
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 22,298 2,620 3,523
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@EfezinoEe To use Hotspot 2.0 networks in public places like airports and cafes, turn on Let me use Online Sign-up to get connected. When this is turned on, you can see a list of network providers after you choose a Hotspot 2.0 network.

After successfully validating your credentials with Online Sign-Up, your device is connected to the Hotspot 2.0 network. The Online Sign-Up is used only once and you will be automatically connected to that network the next time your device is in range.

NOTE: 

Hotspot 2.0 networks are a new wireless standard designed to make it easier and more secure to connect to public Wi-Fi hotspots.

Figure : Hotspot 2.0 networks

Let me use Online Sign-up to get connected, turned on

I hope that resolves the issue affecting the school schedule.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation