Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (89 Views)

My new Pavilion notebook

Product Name: HP Pavilion 17
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Dear people and HP Support . 

I just got my new hp Pavilion notebook ,laptop 17 

Im having trouble trying to connect to the wifi .  when i join the wifi it says that "no internet" then when i have click on the trouble shooting report  . It tested it for error's and it come out saying - issues found " one or more network protocols are missing on this computer . Then underneath it say's Restore network protocols to default settings . 

sorry but I Don't understand why it is saying this . it's a new  notebook its very upsetting that this happen. 

I hope someone can help me in this problem ? /

kind regards 

Joanna Cat Sad

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 2 (67 Views)

Re: My new Pavilion notebook

Hi @Joanna25

Welcome to the HP Forum! Smiley Happy It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. What is your exact model of Pavilion 17 notebook?  HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

I see that you recently acquired your HP notebook and are having an issue with the wireless connection. It will connect to your network but  it states no Internet. You ran the troubleshooter and it came back that not all the protocols were installed.  Please review this post by @Great-Deku Tree Common fixes for wireless connectivity issues. Should the issue remain, please try a reset?  HP PCs - Microsoft Push-Button Reset (Windows 10).  Please let me know the results.

Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say "thanks" for my efforts, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos.

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation