Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
12-03-2022 08:14 AM
My printer sits right next to my router which is in perfect working order for TV and Email etc. When I turned it on today and tried to do a scan I got the message saying I had to set up that facility before I could do so. I have been through setup on the printer itself and it says I am connected and signal is strong. The blue light is on and steady. If I go to the PC to try and get reconnected it keeps saying it cannot find the printer. I have reset using IP address and Wi-fi password but to no avail. Why does it suddenly drop out like that and how can I get reconnected when the connection supposedly OK?
12-07-2022 06:55 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing a scan-related issue with your HP OfficeJet Pro 8022 All-In-One Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
If the issue persists, then please follow the steps mentioned in this document: HP Printers - Scanner not found or connected (Windows, Mac)
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
12-08-2022 09:35 AM
Thank you for that information. I actually disconnected everything and left it overnight and when I reconnected the next day it was working OK. This happens a lot and I have found that it is not always the same method which gets things going again. I shall keep this information which I feel will be useful in the future so may thanks for this and for your time.
12-08-2022 09:40 AM
That's great! Happy to hear that the issue has been resolved as of now. If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accept as Solution and Kudos, Thumbs Up buttons on the public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day ahead!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community