Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6500A Plus

I got a new router and I'm trying to set up the wireless connection to the printer but the touch screen on the printer is faulty. Is it possible to set up the wireless through the laptop?  

HP Officejet 6500A Plus e-All-in-One Printer - E710n

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Lola-John7

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Officejet 6500A Plus e-All-in-One Printer. I read that the touchscreen on the printer appears to be faulty and due to this, it does not allow to be set up wirelessly. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

If the printer was installed via USB before, you may perform the steps as described in detail from this HP document to change from USB to wireless connection.

Secondly, to fix the touchscreen, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
  • Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

If the touchscreen is still not working then please download and install the firmware update for your printer. The printer needs to be connected to the laptop via USB (if wireless is not setup yet). 

Finally, if the touchscreen is still unresponsive then please perform a reset on the printer. I have sent you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. 

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know. Cheers! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.