Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Yadukrishnan Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

NEED HELP WITH WIFI AND BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY ISSUES

Pavilion g6 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I bought my notebook "HP Pavilion g6" on January 2013. It was working fine until last month though I was facing some connection problems with wifi after upgradation to Windows 10. Suddenly, after some updates, the wifi and bluetooth adapters have disappeared. I tried to rectify the problem by trying out the solutions given everywhere, but no luck. The adapter itself is missing. Even after downloading the adapter, its not shown in the device manager as well as the network connections. Hence, I am not able to connect to wifi.

Please help me with this issue.

Thank you,
Yadukrishnan Nair

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
14461 711 1899
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

NEED HELP WITH WIFI AND BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY ISSUES

Hi @Yadukrishnan,

Welcome to the HP Forum! :) It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.  What is your precise model of Pavilion G6?

I grasp that after upgrading to Windows 10, your notebook does not list the wireless adapter in Device Manager. You have tried some suggestions but the issue remained.  If you open Device Manager and scan for hardware changes does the wireless adapter show? Is the network card seen by the BIOS? Here is a link to a post by @Great-Deku Tree that should help.  Common fixes for wireless connectivity issues.  Please let me know the results from the troubleshooting.

Thanks! If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. :catvery-happy

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation