03-21-2017 10:52 AM - edited 03-21-2017 11:02 AM
Thank you for stopping by the HP forums. A Good day to you. I read the post regarding requiring assistance with the proxy server not responding, I will be delighted to assist you with this.
Good description of the issue. Kudos to you on that score. You are an important HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. I also take it as a privilege to share this platform with you.
For starters, I would require more information to assist you better.
- Which browser are you using?
- When did this happen? Did this start after a windows or software update, do you remember?
- Please let me know the complete model# of the computer along with the operating system being used currently?
- Have you tried other browsers and reset this browser?
I will require all this information to assist you better. For now, please try these steps out assuming that the browser is Internet Explorer or Google Chrome as Chrome takes Internet Explorer settings.
I would also suggest you go through the steps and check.
a) Under "Tools" in the browser tool bar select "Internet Options".
b) In the "Internet Options" Window that pops up, click the "Connections" tab at the top.
c) Click "LAN Settings" near the bottom of the "Connections" section.
d) If the "Proxy server" checkbox is marked with a check, click it to deselect/uncheck it.
e) Click "Ok" to close the "Local Area Network (LAN) Settings" window.
f) Click "Ok" to close the "Internet Options" Window.
Then restart the computer and check again.
Now check if you are able to connect to Internet Explorer.
If this does not fix the issue please try to perform all the prescribed steps from this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/10741/win
Hope this helps and keep us posted.
Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.
If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.
I am an HP Employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs – Computer Stops Responding or Becomes Very Slow After Connecting to the Internet (Windows 10, 8)