Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY X360 Model 15-w267cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Please advise a HP compatible part in US.  Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes.  What is important is that you can see the HP part number on the cards in the listings.

That is what matters.  The part number indicates the card is the non-vPro version.

I cannot guarantee any card not listed in the service manual for your PC is going to work, but I can't think of any reason why it won't unless your notebook has a BIOS whitelist, and most of them made in 2014 or later do not, with very few exceptions.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@aengheta56 

Your machine was built around 2015 therefore it is much easier to upgrade wifi adapter. You can use the following adapters from from the Guide:

Integrated Wireless options with dual antennas (M.2/PCIe):
● Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0 Combo Adapter (non vPRO)
● Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi + BT4.0 Combo Adapter
● Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi + BT4.0 M.2 Combo Adapter
Intel WiDi support
Compatible with Miracast-certified devicesInternal

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you!  Is there a card that includes Bluetooth 5.0 support?

HP Recommended

Hi, @aengheta56 

The specs for your notebook and the parts list indicate that your notebook already has the best wifi card HP offered in the model series.

HP ENVY x360 - 15-w267cl Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

HP PartSurfer

If you want to experiment, I would recommend you try this card...

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro 160 MHz PCI-e   HP part # L35282-005.

You can find this model wifi card on eBay.  Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the wifi card removal and replacement procedure.

HP ENVY x360 m6 ConvertibleModel numbers: m6-w000 – m6-w099Model numbers: m6-w100 – m6-w199HP ENVY x...

HP Recommended

Thank you so much!!  Below is the actual description of the card on Amazon.  Is this the correct part?

WiFi Card AX200 AX200NGW,9260 AC 9260NGW Upgrade Network Card Wi-Fi 6 WiFi Module 2 x 2 MU-MIMO Wireless Card with BT 5.0 Support Windows 10 64bit Gigabit M.2/NGFF

HP Recommended

Hello - As an alternative what about the following card,

WiFi 6 AX200 802.11AX WiFi Card | Dual Band Max 3000Mbps with Bluetooth 5.1 | WiFi Module 2 x 2 MU-MIMO M.2/NGFF 2230 | Wireless Module for Laptop Desktop Windows 10, 64-bit

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Since there is no part number listed on the description you posted, I don't recommend you get that one...nor does it indicate that it is non-vPro, which is a must.

Here is the link to the cheapest listing of the AX200 card with the HP part number on it that I could find.

HP Pavilion Gaming 15-dk Wifi 2.4Gbps Wireless WLAN Card BT 5.0 02HK705 AX200NGW | eBay

And then there is this one for a few dollars more...

L35282-005 - HP WLAN INT 22260NGW AX 2X2 + B | eBay

HP Recommended

Thank you -  Are you saying both of the eBay cards should work on my HP ENVY?  I wanted to confirm this because the description on eBay for both says that are for HP Pavillion!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes.  What is important is that you can see the HP part number on the cards in the listings.

That is what matters.  The part number indicates the card is the non-vPro version.

I cannot guarantee any card not listed in the service manual for your PC is going to work, but I can't think of any reason why it won't unless your notebook has a BIOS whitelist, and most of them made in 2014 or later do not, with very few exceptions.

HP Recommended

Okay, many thanks for your help!  Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.