Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Student
Message 1 of 2 (132 Views)

Network adapter does not have valid IP configuration

Product Name: HP Pavilion x360 Convertible
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ive been struggling to connect to my wifi network at home and keep getting the 'no internet, secured' message. 

I've disconnected an de reconnected numerous times, restarted the laptop and tried a couple of fixes recommended online but the HP network check keeps coming up with 'invalid IP configuration (106)' saying the network adapter does not have a valid IP configuration. 

Any ideas what I can do to fix it? 

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (102 Views)

Re: Network adapter does not have valid IP configuration

Greetings @emilyrsmith

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing a issue with our computer not getting a valid IP address from your router. 

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Are you using a dual band router? If yes, please try to connect to the 2.4Ghz network instead of 5Ghz network and check. 

May I know the product number of your computer? Click here. Please do not share the serial number of your computer. 

Once the computer is connected to the network. 

Do a right-click on the network icon on the taskbar. 

Select troubleshoot problems and follow the onscreen instructions to automatically resolve the issue. 

If the issue persists, please uninstall the wireless adapter from the Device manager, which can be accessed by doing a right-click on the windows button. 

Please delete the driver when prompted during the uninstall. 

Restart your computer and open HP Recovery manager and install the driver from it. Click here

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation