Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-04-2022 08:30 PM - edited 09-04-2022 08:31 PM
I purchased a new Chromebook yesterday and when adding home Wi-Fi password I continuously receive the message bad password. I have reset modem, change password as well as spoken to ISP. I have tried everything, please help as this is my new work laptop
09-16-2022 02:23 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
I understand that you are getting the Bad password error message.
Please perform the below steps and check.
Step 1: Check if your certificate is installed
- Open Chrome .
- In the address bar, type chrome://settings/certificates and press Enter.
- Select Authorities.
- Using information from your administrator, look for your server certificate in the list. If the server certificate isn't installed, your administrator might ask you to install the server certificate.
- [Optional] If you're connecting to an EAP-TLS network, you might need to install the user certificate.
Step 2: Connect to the network
- At the bottom right, select the time.
- Select Settings .
- Under "Network," select Add connection Add Wi-Fi Advanced.
- Enter your network information.
- If the server certificate is installed, in the "Server CA certificate" field, choose Default.
- Select Connect.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community