Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just got a new Xfinity wirless router for the house with 1 gig service. It has the dual 5 and 2.4 bands. My HP elitebook with the intel corei7 wont recognize the wi-fi network. Every other device connects automatically. Tried manual connect and still nothing. It wont even locate the wifi network. The laptop picks up all other wifi signals except the one I need it too. Any idea's??

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@LCBG 

What is your HP Elitebook machine ? Does it support DUAL bands ? It not, please check again to allow your new Xfinity wirless router to broadcast both (dual) bands 2.4GHz and 5.0 GHz then reboot router may help.

Normally, router will broadcast 2 networks: aaaaaa and aaaaaa-G5 as shown

both bands.png

Note: For testing, one of my machine connects to BOTH networks as shown above.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

The HP elite book will accept dual bands because I’ve been connected previously on my old router which also broadcast on dual bands. I’ve checked the router and even contacted a tech at Xfinity who also confirmed that the router is working on both 5 and 2.4 bands. What is so strange is that the laptop is picking up all of my neighbors wireless networks. I’ve pulled the power on the Xfinity router and tried that and still nothing. I am very puzzled by this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.