Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 3000
Other

I bought my laptop for school around August. It’s only been a few months but I have been having constant wifi issues. For about a month I was using my hotspot on my phone because I couldn’t connect to my wifi, and I finally fixed it after looking through a bunch of different articles, but I don’t remember how I fixed it, and now around a week or two after I fixed it I’m back to square one. I’m thinking of returning this laptop and buying one from another brand if this problem persists, because I’ve never had this problem with any other laptop/computer and in the past it has not been an easy fix. There also aren’t many solutions for this on the Envy, whenever I look anything up it gives me a solution for the problem on Windows, which doesn’t work on my laptop. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I also forgot to mention that the wifi works on any other wifi except for my two routers; I tried it at starbucks and I just connected to my hotspot. I’ve already uninstalled and reinstalled the wifi setting stuff & also ran a manual reset through the control panel but nothing works! I’ve run every solution I can find for windows, but nobody knows how to fix it. I regret getting this laptop because it has so many problems & nobody helps/knows how to fix it. 

HP Recommended

Hi@whosheidy, Welcome to the HP Support Community! No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps  for the WIFI issue 

Here are a few things you need to do, to resolve this issue once and for all: 

• Disable all firewalls and antivirus programs including windows ten's own firewalls and antivirus programs. 

• try safe mode with networking to check if the Internet connection is fast there. Try both wired and wireless options. 

• The link for safe mode with networking is given in my earlier post. Please try that. 

• Uninstall the existing network adapters and update the bios chipset and network adapters (both wired and wireless) from this link : click here to find and install the same 

• Please try to change the router's broadcasting channel to another value. try different working channels. that might help for WiFi only. 

• Try performing a clean boot in windows 10 using this link: Click here for steps 

• Try this link fixing network connections in Windows 10: Click here 

• Then create a new user profile and try to connect both through WiFi and using a wired connection. 

• Then as a last, resort try to perform a system recovery to the factory setting and check if this helps after backing up all your files. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

You probably have a realtek RTL8821CE card, if so I suggest you replace it, it's not difficult (for sure it's better than changing the computer).
HP knows about this problem, they have tried to patch up the new drivers, but unfortunately they continue to produce new computers by pre-installing these cards.
And yes, my next computer won't be an HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.