Lexyz
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

No WiFi (and sound) after downgrading to Windows 8.1

HP Recommended
HP ProBook 450 G7
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello! I've recently downgraded my Windows 10 laptop to Windows 8.1 and afterwards, I noticed that my WiFi and sound aren't working. Assuming that the drivers were missing, I've tried installing them but they either were incompatible or didn't work. I looked up my issue and found some fixes that worked for the OP, but I'm not able to access them for some reason as I'm getting the following error whenever I try to open the links: 

We're sorry

HP Customer Support site is temporarily unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience. Please check back later.

I've tried my luck with Windows Update, Device Manager, Driver Booster, HP Support Assistant, as well as the Software and Drivers section on the HP website, but received the following message:

We were unable to find drivers for your product.

Try manually selecting your operating system. If your operating system is not listed then HP may not provide driver support for your product with that operating system. 

I've also tried resetting my IP config. I want to mention that the Internet itself does work via cable, just not the WiFi.

If you could help me with this issue, that would be greatly appreciated!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation