02-15-2020 07:24 AM
Laptop is acting like it is in airplane mode ( it is not)
the WiFi button (f12) is permanently amber/orange
when selecting the network&internet settings icon only airplane mode is visible where prior possible WiFi action points were available to chose from.
02-18-2020 03:16 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the connectivity issue.
To better assist you - May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.
Most notebook computers have a button or keyboard key to turn the wireless signal on and off. Check the button or key status to confirm if the wireless signal is on.
While you respond to that, let's try these steps -
Step 1 Network Troubleshooter -
1) In the search box, type and open "Troubleshooter".
2) Click on "Network and Internet".
3) Click on "Internet Connections".
Step 2 Run Network commands -
1) In the search box on the taskbar, type Command prompt, press and hold (or right-click) Command prompt, and then select Run as administrator > Yes.
2) At the command prompt, run the following commands in the listed order, and then check to see if that fixes your connection problem:
Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
Step 3 Re-install the Network Adapter -
1) In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select Device Manager from the list of results.
2) In Device Manager, select Network adapters > the network adapter name.
3) Right-click on the network adapter, and then select Uninstall device > Delete the driver software for this device check box > Uninstall.
4) Restart the computer.
You may also refer to this document - HP PCs - Wireless Network and Internet Troubleshooting
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee