Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I can't sign into my laptop due to WiFi not showing up, not even neighbors. It worked less than 12 hrs ago no issues at all.

This laptop is only 3 months old. My PS4 and phone can connect and remained connected.  I tried restarting both WiFi and laptop repeatedly. Searching for help only gave me options I can't do without signing into my laptop which I need WiFi for.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@PastelAngel wrote:

.... It worked less than 12 hrs ago no issues Searching for help only gave me options I can't do without signing into my laptop which I need WiFi for.

@PastelAngel 

That is a different story then. Do you use Microsoft account to log in ? You can reset password using

https://au.pcmag.com/migrated-15175-windows-10/86580/how-to-reset-a-forgotten-windows-10-password

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

...No, this is NOT a " Different Story "

I KNOW my password, I am NOT getting the password " INCORRECT " and do NOT need to change it.

To get INTO my laptop I NEED to LOG INTO MICROSOFT, WHICH I CAN DO ---- ONLY IF I HAVE  INTERNET / WIFI.

Which I ONLY can NOT access DUE TO  WIFI NETWORKS NOT SHOWING UP AT ALL ; DESPITE THEM ALL SHOWING UP ON OTHER DEVICES.

Obviously it is an issue within my laptop, an issue I can obviously NOT fix if I can not sign into it.   As there are only 3 areas you can access without signing in and none of them allow a lane to fix this issue.

I can CURRENTLY AT THIS TIME log into my laptop of which I am only able to do because my laptop DECIDED to allow me to, but this issue could return at any time.

If ANYONE ELSE IS READING THIS ISSUE AND NEEDS ASSISTANCE WITH THIS; MY RECOMMENDATION IS AS FOLLOWS.

Get an Ethernet Adapter and Ethernet cable off of amazon, connect it. Connect via wired connection to log in and then make internal changes if you can to force your laptop to then take wireless connections again. This fix is around $20. It is the option I am going to try if this should ever happen again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.