Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq nx6110
Microsoft Windows XP

Hi, i'm using HP compaq nx6110 Windows xp sp3 and there is no way to connect on WiFi network i've tried many tips and tricks and i had no success please help me.

What i tried till now?

1. Tried live-boot-cd Linux ( i connected to WiFi) to make sure that WiFi card is working.

2. Installed, Reinstalled all the drivers from HP site and i had no success: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-compaq-nx6110-notebook-pc/449877

3. I re-inserted the WiFi Card just for test

This is my router configuration

AP isolate: Disabled
WPA-PSK: Enabled
WPA2-PSK: Disabled
WPA/WPA2 Encryption: AES

if u like more to see let me know.

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-30 at 11.20.16.jpeg

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hi

It does not necessarily have Wi-Fi connectivity.

Communications
  • NetXtreme 10/100 Ethernet Controller
  • 56K modem* with digital line guard
Communications - Wireless (Optional)
  • Mini PCI: Intel® PRO/Wireless 2100 802.11b; Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG 802.11g; Intel PRO/Wireless 2915ABG 802.11a/g
  • Broadcom® 802.11g; Broadcom 802.11 a/g
  • Integrated Bluetooth™

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So you have one of the optional ones?

BIOS setting for Wi-Fi?

4 - Wireless light On: an integrated wireless device has been enabled.

Broadcom Wireless Utility

6.10 A 40.6 MB Nov 10, 2006 Download

Software Support for HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth Wireless

4.00 H 39.4 MB May 4, 2006 Download

As well as the actual drivers.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Credit to Bapoumba, Ubuntu Forums
When troubleshooting wireless, it's important that your system is fully updated by opening a terminal, CTRL+ALT+T. Using a wired internet connection, please run:
Code:

sudo apt update
sudo apt dist-upgrade

and reboot if necessary.

If the issues persist, it is recommended that you install pastebinit, by running:
Code:

sudo apt install pastebinit

This will enable the wireless script to, upon your approval, upload the obtained data to pastebin, creating at the same time a link to it in your terminal, permitting you to paste it to a forum thread.

Once that's done, download and run the wireless info script, which will gather information to help diagnose your system. You can run it using this command:
Code:

wget -N -t 5 -T 10 https://github.com/UbuntuForums/wireless-info/raw/master/wireless-info && \
chmod +x wireless-info && \
./wireless-info

It will create the file "wireless-info.txt" at the location it is run from, and depending on its size, an additional archive called "wireless-info.tar.gz". If you prefer, you can post the file directly to pastebin yourself. Sensitive information like MAC addresses and WPA/WEP keys are masked automatically.

If you aren't able to connect to the internet with the affected system, including via a wired connection, just navigate to
https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2082305&p=12350385&viewfull=1#post12350385 using another device and follow the instructions there on how to the run wireless script without an internet connection.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

getmac

ipconfig -all

If in doubt please ask.

HP Recommended

Hi, @Tony_Boy 

What model wifi adapter does your notebook have?

If it has the Broadcom card, there are much newer drivers for that model card that what appear on the support page that I can provide to you.

HP Recommended

@Lil_Boy_blue

i see but i am not running ubuntu i am on Windows XP sp3 and laptop is old device doesn't have bluetooth and much features HP compaq nx6110

and yes i the light is going on after sometimes goes off, but it doesn't make sense because when i tried to live boot cd on Linux i have connected to the WiFi, the main issue is on XP sp3 

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen

These are automatically installed when i connected to Ethernet, but WiFi won't connect.

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-30 at 15.56.51.jpeg

HP Recommended

Hi:

See if installing this Intel wifi driver resolves the problem.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp38001-38500/sp38054.exe

- Provides driver version 9.0.4.37 for Intel PRO/Wireless 2200 and Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2915 Network Connection cards.

HP Recommended

same message i am getting unable to connect

HP Recommended

Interesting...

I have the same Intel Pro 2200 card in an old Dell notebook running XP SP3, and it works just fine.

My router has WPA2 security AES enabled.

See if enabling WPA2 security on your router allows you to connect.

HP Recommended

Yeah weird, i will try to jump on windows 7 but i have only 512 mb ram there will see btw for windows 7 what kind of drivers should i install? does work with XP ones or vista

HP Recommended

You can use the vista drivers.

The notebook can take 2 x 1 GB of memory, but you can try out W7with 512 MB, and if it works, then max out the memory.

You will need to manually install the Vista graphics driver.  The auto install won't work.

If you need any help with drivers, let me know.  Everything should work on W7 32 bit on your model.

Here is the Vista wifi driver for the Intel Pro 2200.  You may have to manually install that too.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp38001-38500/sp38052.exe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.