Honor Student
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No hint of bluetooth since windows 10

HP DV7-6163US/6B63US
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Pavilion DV7 with Windows 7. I paired it with my LG G3 cell phone for internet.  Worked.  Used once a year this way.

Upgrade forced on my system to Windows 10. I cannot find any thing on HP Pavilion to turn on Bluetooth.

Suggested I go to HP site to download Wireless assistant - which I didn't have luck doing. In services.msc,

I turned on bluetooth to automatic and started. 

What do I do next? See no bluetooth icon or notice when I turn it on from my phone. I just need a simple link for the

assistant. The notebook was bought in Dec 2011 btw.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13,623 12,733 827 1,440
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No hint of bluetooth since windows 10

@busterp01

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help. 

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion dv7-6163us/6B63US PC and after upgrading to Windows 10, the Bluetooth does not work, There si no Bluetooth icon in the notification area. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a great job.

I did some research and found that there are are no drivers available for Windows 10. That could be one of the reasons why the Bluetooth is not working. However, before we come to a conclusion we can try to automagically update the Bluetooth drivers from device manager:

• In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

• Select Device Manager in the menu.

Figure: Device Manager

Device Manager
  • Click on the arrow next to Bluetooth and it expands.
  • Under Bluetooth you will find the existing drivers, right-click on it and click on update driver.

NOTE: If Bluetooth Devices item is not present or it has disappeared from Device Manager or Control Panel, you definitely can’t connect your wireless device through Bluetooth to computer. Bluetooth driver is outdated, missing or corrupted.

Hope this helps. Feel free to let me know how it goes. Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation