Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 17-bs051od

I've attempted to connect to my laptop to my iPhone's hotspot but it will not connect.  I know I'm running Windows 10, but not sure which version.  My laptop shows a button for hotspot connection but I've never been able to connect.  Is there a driver that I'm missing or some setting that I need to update to establish the connection when I don't have access to WiFi?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Luis5011 

The process to connect to hotspot is very similar to the process to connect to normal wifi router. You need to turn the hotspot ON firs to be able to have network name (SSID).

After that point the connection process is the SAME as connecting to a wifi router.

(a) From your notebook, select phone SSID from the list,

(b) Click Connect (select automatically)

(c) Enter network password (on your phone)

Then Bingo !

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.