Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (335 Views)

No internet connection

Product Name: HP Pavilion dv6-6c35dx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have an HP Pavilion dv6-6c35dx Entertainment PC Windows 7 and for some reason it shows that I'm connected to my WIFI internet connection, but I cannot get onto the internet on my laptop. What can I do?

HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (284 Views)

Re: No internet connection

Greetings @Roxie143420

Welcome to HP Forums and thank for the post. 

I understand that you are able to connect to your network but the web pages are not loading?

Don't worry, I will be glad to help you. 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

Have you tried multiple applications on your computer?

Have you checked with your ISP?

Recommend you to open control panel.

Select view by category and change it to small or large icons (You will find this option on the top-right side of the control panel window)

Select internet options.

On the internet options window, on the top right-side click on advanced. 

On the advanced tab, towards the bottom, you will have an option to reset.

Please click on reset, refer to Step 4 in this HP article and follow the procedure under 9 in Step 4.

There are other troubleshooting steps as well mentioned in the Article. 

Run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers are updated on the computer. Click here to know more. 

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (147 Views)

Yes I have done multpile troubleshooting options and nothing seems to work. I have somebody telling me that it might be my internet card that has gone wrong. Is this possible and should I buy a new one, or just buy a new computer?

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (139 Views)

Thanks for the reply and trying the troubleshooting steps. 

Did you reset Internet options as suggested earlier?

Recommend you to open device manager, uninstall the wireless adapter in device manager. 

Delete the driver when prompted. 

Restart the computer couple times to refresh the driver and try to connect to your wireless network and check if you are able to access the internet. 

If you want to check the wireless card, you can run a test on the network card. 

Turn the computer Off and keep tapping F2 repeatedly on startup to enter system diagnostics mode. 

Select the component test and run a test on the wireless adapter. Refer to this article for assistance. 

For other troubleshooting steps, pease refer to this article

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation