cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Liamfogg
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

No wifi

HP Recommended
Hp 250 g3
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi I've not got any wifi drivers on my computer which one should I install or how do I get my computers original driver back 

3 REPLIES 3
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
138,174 90,895 21,335 28,243
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

If the wireless adapter needs a driver, there will be a device listed in the device manager labeled as a Network Controller.

Please post the hardware ID for the Network Controller device, and I will post the link to the driver you need for it.

Use this guide for how to find the hardware ID for a device.

How to Find Drivers for Unknown Devices in the Device Manager (howtogeek.com)

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Liamfogg
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The only network adapter is Realtek PCle FE Family Controller and there is none in hidden devices 

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
138,174 90,895 21,335 28,243
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Usually that means there is a hardware problem with the wifi card itself, or it would be showing up in the device manager under an Other Devices category, labeled as a Network Controller.

Did you ever have W7 installed on that PC?

If you did, perhaps the wifi was turned off using the HP connection Manager software and that software doesn't work in W8.1.

I think the first thing you should do, would be to remove and firmly re-seat the wifi adapter.

Sometimes the contacts get oxidized over time and the electrical connection to power the card is interrupted.

Below is the link to the service manual where you can find the wifi card removal and replacement procedure.

Leave the antenna wires connected to the card if you can to save time when reinstalling the card.

c04655216 (hp.com)

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation