Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (272 Views)

No wirless & Bluetooth Device in the Device Manager

Product Name: HP 250 G3
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Today I was installed windows 7 Professional (64 bit) but there is no wireless connection or bluetooth. I tried to install driver software for both wireless & bluetooth device which is (Mediatek) ralink, but no result>>> there is no yellow sign in the device manager as well.

There is no wireless adapter shown in the network & sharing option also......

Thanks in Advance :)

0 Kudos
Intern
Message 2 of 5 (247 Views)

Re: No wirless & Bluetooth Device in the Device Manager

Hello skMHz786!

I understand that you are having an issue connecting your wireless and bluetooth.  You state that you have the yellow exclamation points in the Device Manager on both of these items.  When you double click on the device in the Device Manager, what is the error that you see under the General tab for Device Staus?

Have you tried to right click and uninstall the devices, restart the unit and see if the drivers load properly?

Have you tried to run the Softpaq Download Manager tool from www.hp.com/go/sdm to make sure that all of your BIOS, chipsets and drivers were current?

After you have performed these tasks, I would recommend that you go into the BIOS and restore factory defaults.  Look at the bottom, I believe it will be the F9 on the Main tab in BIOS.

Please let me know if this helps.

I am an HP employee.

Always happy to assist.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 5 (218 Views)

Hello Lea_W

Thank You for your concern.

First of all, There is no yellow exclamation point on those drivers. In fact there is no driver recognized that related with wireless of bluetooth in device manager. Please look at the "After Installation" image I attached on this reply.

After Fresh Install.PNG

Secondly, I ran Softpaq Download Manager but it said "there is no softpaq available for my configuration" I also default my laptop's bios into factory settings.

After updating cataloge.PNG

Finally Looking forward to hear from you>>>>

With Regards........ :)

Intern
Message 4 of 5 (212 Views)

Hello again skMHz786!

If the SDM will not pick up your unit, you can run the HP Support Assistant, or go straight to the HP Support site for current drivers/firmware.

If the Device Manager is not even picking up a Wireless or Bluetooth device, are we sure that one is supposed to be in there? Did this ever work? (You can Private Message you serial number and I will look at the configuration.)

If it is the case that the device should in fact be in there, is it possible that it just needs to be re-seated? Unfortunately, the procedure for you to get to this WLAN Module is far too complex if you are not an HP Authorized Service Provider.  With that said, is this unit still under warranty?

Unfortunately your pics did not post for me.

Let me know if this helps.

I am an HP employee.

Always happy to assist.
Honor Student
Message 5 of 5 (203 Views)

Hello Lea_W,,,,

I PM you my serial numer........ and when I first install win 7 my wireless device is shown under "Unknown Device" as "Network Controller"

I do not remember the blutooth device name but I am sure it is under "Unknown Device" section.

Now it is not shown there>>> and when I install any wireless and bluetooth device>>> it didnot work.

last time for both wireless and bluetooth I use Mediatek(Ralink) software from HP website...... and it worked

Lastly, My unit is not under warrenty at this time.

With Regards........ :)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation