Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Student
Message 1 of 2 (46 Views)

Not Connected - No connections are available

Product Name: ay513tx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hi ,

Recently I bought new laptop Ay513TX model. I have installed windows 8 OS successfully. But I couldn't find wireleass icon in the task bar.It showing as "Not Connected - No connections are available". 

I checked device manager and found there is no wireless network adaptor. So I have downloaded hp drivers from hp support.  But those drivers was not working after installation.

Please help me here

HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (17 Views)

Re: Not Connected - No connections are available

@LoganR2017

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have a new HP Notebook - 15-ay513tx laptop. I read that the wireless connection on the laptop does not work.During troubleshooting, you found that the wireless card is absent in the Device Manager. Fabulous analysis. Spectacular diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. I'll do my best to help you.

I did some digging and found that the absence of the wireless card in the device manager indicates that the laptop did not detect the wireless card in it for some reason. I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Shutdown the laptop.
  • Restart the laptop and hit the F10 key repeatedly to enter the BIOS. (Stop pressing any keys when you reach the BIOS screen).
  • At the BIOS screen, hit the f9 key once to restore the BIOS. Say Yes for BIOS defaults.
  • Press the f10 key to save the settings in BIOS and exit.

Now, please check if the wireless card is present in the device manager. If not then I suggest you to reseat the wireless card in the laptop. Please refer to page# 31 of the service manual to know how to reseat the wireless card. Post reseating the wireless card is should get detected by the laptop. 

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted. All the best! Smiley Happy

MKazi
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation