Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15s-dr1000tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I am not able to connect my bluetooth headset to laptop. My Sony Headphones gets paired with my laptop. But when I search for devices in my settings I don't find my headphones name. Could you help me with this?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@_Devika__

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

1. Make sure the device you want to connect to is discoverable and within range of your computer.

For example, if the device is a headset, make sure it is on and set to Bluetooth. If the device is an Apple iOS or Android mobile device, go to the Settings menu and make sure Bluetooth is enabled and discoverable.

2. In Windows, search for and open Bluetooth and other devices settings.

NOTE: If Bluetooth & other devices does not return in the search, your computer might not support Bluetooth.
  3. To turn on Bluetooth, on the Bluetooth & other devices tab, toggle the Bluetooth setting to On.

Turning on the Bluetooth toggle

4. Click Add Bluetooth or other device to start searching for the device.

5. Click Bluetooth as the kind of device you want to add.

6. Select the Bluetooth device you want to add from the list.

7. If prompted, enter the PIN, and then click Connect. If a PIN does not display, enter 0000, a commonly used default PIN for many Bluetooth devices.

8. Immediately check for an authorization message on the device you are connecting to and confirm the message or allow access.

Example of a Bluetooth message when attempting to connect to a Windows 10 computer.

9. Follow the on-screen instructions on the computer and the device to complete the pairing process. A confirmation message displays when the devices are paired.

NOTE: If an authentication error displays, too much time has lapsed. Move the devices closer, and then try to pair them again.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank You for taking your time out and helping me with this 🙂

My headsets gets paired and the connections are successful.

But the device name is not shown in the sound settings...

HP Recommended

@_Devika__

Thank you for posting back. 

Could you please share the picture of the sound setting screen?

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

_Devika___0-1615538538630.png

HP Recommended

@_Devika__

Let's try this:
Now click on Bluetooth and other devices option and then setting page will open up, under Audio check for your Sony Bluetooth device is listed. 

If not then you need to pair your Bluetooth Sony device. 

Keep me posted for further assistance. 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I checked and my device is paired to the laptop but it is not seen in "audio device"  but in "other devices" I'll share a screenshot of the same...

_Devika___1-1615813295814.png

HP Recommended

@_Devika__

Let's try this: 

• Right-click the volume icon
  • Select Sounds
  • Click Playback
  • Select Sony LE wh ch700n device and click connect.
    Note: If the Sony LE wh ch700n headset is not displayed, then right-click on the Sounds, then click Show Disabled Devices.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey!! I tried doing all those steps.. But my device is not shown in the disabled devices too..

I am sharing the picture of the same

Screenshot 2021-03-18 080243.png

HP Recommended

@_Devika__

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.