Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Y8J18PA#ACJ
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello i have HP notebook Y8J18PA#ACJ. I have updated all the neccesory drivers but i cant use my miracast properly. Every time i try to project my laptop it says protected content cant be displayed. I have turned off my firewall settings as well. But seems like nothing is working out. I am trying to project my Surface pro desktop scrren with my HP laptop.

cast error.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Assuming the laptop and chosen display both support MiraCast, it might be "what you are trying to cast" causing the problem.

For example - you have chosen to cast BluRay disk playback to another device  Could get that message.

Or protected screen content from a source that uses HDCP to encrypt the signal.

Please indicate what device you are trying to MiraCast to and what the content is.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

So i am trying to cast my surface pro desktop with my HP Laptop. 

HP Recommended

I see the Surface pro is a tablet and depending on the model year, the MiraCast might be too old or just being contrary.  

In order to see which side is causing the problem, try casting from the laptop to a capable TV .

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.