2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Notebook reboots when I plug in LAN cable

HP PROBOOK
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

After ii plug in the LAN cable, notebook reboots ans shows me this message: kkzMuOcOz-M.jpg

What can I do with it?

3 REPLIES 3
Level 15
Level 15
8,931 8,826 725 3,262
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Andrei_S 

Welcome !

INFO

• Your problem is known as Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). BSOD is kind of Windows self-protection feature. If you received a blue screen error, or stop code, the computer has shut down abruptly to protect itself from data loss.
  • A hardware device, its driver, or related software might have caused this error. What you describe could happen because of incompatible with Windows driver (most often) or because of hardware issue (rarely).

Based on the picture, it looks like a software/driver issue with Windows

NEXT STEPS:

In order to troubleshoot, I would need some specific information :

- Please, provide me with your full HP product model and product number - here is how to find it >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

- Your Windows 10 version and build - click on Start, type winver and open the program. I need your verion 1xxxx

Here is an example

Looking forward to your reply.

****  Please, click on the button below to mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helped you
****  Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say THANKS or give LIKE
I am not employed by HP Inc. **** I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** IT Commodity and Cyber Security professional

Andrei_S
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Product Model: HP ProBook 450 G5
Product Number: 2UB70EA#ACB

Windows version: 1903

Build: 18362.356

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
8,931 8,826 725 3,262
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the information, @Andrei_S 

Your PC model indeed comes preinstalled with Windows 10 1809 (previous version) and you now use the very latest 1903. Most likely the issue started with the upgrade from 1809 to 1903.

You have 2 options:

• Restore Windows 10 to previous build/version 1809 and use that build until May 2020, or later
  • Try to reinstall/update the LAN driver

Note that the official driver released in the HP website is from April 2019, and build 1903 was released in May 2019. So, the driver available may not yet be fully compatible with 1903, or there may be some issues.

Let me know if the above worked for you. Please, follow the steps carefully and in-full.

If no improvement, I may post alternative solution. Provide as many details as possible.

****  Please, click on the button below to mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helped you
****  Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say THANKS or give LIKE
I am not employed by HP Inc. **** I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** IT Commodity and Cyber Security professional

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation