Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion G6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ok, question is:

My HP Pavilion G6 Notebook PC  will not connect to the internet in any manner.  Problem started suddenly - I've been using it via WiFi for a long while and then it just quit connecting, or even detecting my router or the extension!  Then I plugged it in DIRECTLY to my router and it STILL does not connect and tells me the cable is disconnected!  Not so - my router is just fine and I can connect with it easily with two DIRECT connect computers and 2 WiFi computers and my phone.  My HP laptop network controllers are the problem...  Maybe hardware?

I've updated the drivers in both the hard wired controller and the WiFi but that didn't help. Uninstalled both controllers and rebooted and that didn't help.   Rebooted numerous times after installing dirvers and STILL cannot connect to the internet more than a few seconds with either network controller.

I couldn't do a RESTORE because somehow the restore selection had been turned off!  Surprised me!

I did a 'system' check and find that:

The controllers are:  Realtlek PCle FE Family Controller                                                 (hard wired)

Realltek $TL8188CE 802.11b/b/n WiFi adapter                      (WiFi)

And both Belarc Advisor and 'system' tells me that the identifying information of the laptop is:

HP Pavilion G6 Notebook PC and nothing more for the Model.  Belarc tells me the serial number and Asset Tag, but I don't think that is helpful.

So what can I do now?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.