Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dh0004la
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a problem with my laptop. I arrived here today and since I first connected I had issues within 30 minutes. My internet works perfectly for a moment until it disconnects every device in the house and becomes unable to connect to the same network again. I have tried to look for a fix but found none. The problem only started occurring when I used this computer and does not occur with any other device. I called my ISP and they said they fixed the network issue, which is why I think it is a laptop issue. It is an OMEN dh-150004la, malware scans don't detect anything at all as well. 

I'd appreciate a solution as nothing I have tried has worked, such as installing the latest drivers, uninstalling then reinstalling the existing ones. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Pjfa Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the Omen Laptop crashes the internet for other devices.

Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Please perform the below steps and check.

Step 1 Network Troubleshooter - 

1) In the search box, type and open "Troubleshooter". 

2) Click on "Network and Internet". 

3) Click on "Internet Connections".  

Step 2 Run Network commands - 

1) In the search box on the taskbar, type Command prompt, press and hold (or right-click) Command prompt, and then select Run as administrator > Yes. 

2) At the command prompt, run the following commands in the listed order, and then check to see if that fixes your connection problem: 

Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter. 

Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter. 

Type ipconfig /release and press Enter. 

Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter. 

Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter. 

Step 3 Re-install the Network Adapter - 

1) In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select Device Manager from the list of results. 

2) In Device Manager, select Network adapters > the network adapter name. 

3) Right-click on the network adapter, and then select Uninstall device > Delete the driver software for this device check box > Uninstall. 

4) Restart the computer.  

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help, unfortunately I still have the problem. I did everything that was asked and it worked fine (albeit a little slow) but after a router reset that happened in my house it crashed everything within minutes. I tried following the steps again but nothing came of it.

HP Recommended

@Pjfa Here's a few things you need to do, to resolve this issue once and for all:

• Disable all firewalls and antivirus programs including windows ten's own firewalls and antivirus programs.
  • try safe mode with networking to check if the Internet connection is fast there. Try both wired and wireless options.
  • Link for safe mode with networking is given in my earlier post. Please try that.
  • Uninstall the existing network adapters and update the bios chipset and network adapters (both wired and wireless) from this link : click here to find and install the same
  • Please try to change the router's broadcasting channel to another value. try different working channels. that might help for WiFi only.
  • Try performing a clean boot in windows 10 using this link: Click here for steps
  • Try this link fixing network connections in windows 10: Click here
  • Then create a new user profile and try to connect both through WiFi and using a wired connection.
  • Then as a last ,resort try to perform a system recovery to factory setting and check if this helps after backing up all your files.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.