Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
07-09-2020 07:10 PM - edited 07-09-2020 07:10 PM
One day i opened my laptop and noticed that my Bluetooth wasn't working. i tried everything to turn it back on including uninstalling the BlueTooth drive because it had the error "Windows reported a problem and shut down the program. error: code 43." I tried many things and installing other programs but i dont know what to install or do.
1 REPLY 1
07-13-2020 06:25 PM
@ZaneStolee Here are a few steps that should help resolve the issue:
1) Run the Bluetooth troubleshooter
Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot . Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth, select Run the troubleshooter, and follow the instructions.
2) Uninstall the Bluetooth adapter in Device Manager
If you don't see the Bluetooth icon, but Bluetooth does appear in Device Manager, try uninstalling the Bluetooth adapter, shutting down your PC, and triggering an automatic driver reinstall:
- In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, and then select Device Manager from the list of results.
- In Device Manager, select Bluetooth. Press and hold (or right-click) the Bluetooth adapter name (which may include the word “radio”), and select Uninstall device.
- Select the Start button, then select Power > Shut down.
- After your device shuts down, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on. Windows will try to reinstall the driver.
- If Windows doesn't reinstall the driver automatically, open Device Manager and select Action > Scan for hardware changes.
If the issue persists, update the wireless card and BIOS drivers from the HP website: click here to find and install the same.
P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉
Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us,
have a good day, ahead.
I am an HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community