Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 14-ce0505sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi :3

The option to turn bluetooth on from the command centre has disappeared. There is also no on/off toggle in the usual place in the settings app. The drivers do not appear in the device manager driver list (no drivers, no subheading for bluetooth). Bluetooth is stuck off and I can't connect anything.

I've tried reinstalling the drivers from HPs website (I found two for my device, I did both); after doing this the bluetooth subheading reappeared in device manager, and one driver showed up in the list. No on/off options anywhere still. Restarted...still no on/off options and now the driver and subheading have disappeared from the list again.

I do have SCP Toolkit installed (a thing I followed instructions blindly for, installed so I can use my PS3 controller to play games on my laptop with) and I wonder if that might have something to do with it,

I'm not a complete computer noob but I'm not knowledgable either and now I'm not sure what to try next.

Any help please?

Thanks 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@AmyRLS

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly let's uninstall the Bluetooth device:

• Press Windows Key + X to open Power User Menu.
  • Select Device Manager from the list.
  • Once the Device Manager starts, locate your Bluetooth driver, right-click it and choose Uninstall.
  • If available check Delete the driver software for this device and click OK.
  • Restart your computer and check for the functionality. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply but I actually detailed in the question that the bluetooth driver is missing from the list, so I can't do what you suggested.

HP Recommended

@AmyRLS
thank you for posting back. 

Let's try a system restore, The Microsoft System Restore returns your computer to the files and settings from the restore point. Your personal files and documents are not affected. Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545 to perform Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10, 😎

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.