Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 4540s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi - I am not sure if this is an HP issue or a Microsoft Outlook issue.  I will have my laptop on and my emails will show on the bottom task bar:

87Dee_1-1603055314654.png

or

87Dee_0-1603055159850.png

But in order for me to receive emails, I need to select the send and receive button and push them through.  The emails do not automatically come through every 15 minutes as I have set in my email settings.  

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

I would say it has something to do with the way you set up Outlook on the PC.

I have Outlook 2007, 2013, 2016 and 2019 on several HP desktop and notebook PC's that are both newer and older than yours.  They are all running the latest build of W10 (v2004).

I have it set to send/receive every 1 minute, and it works just fine.

You may want to post your question on the MS Outlook forum.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum?sort=LastReplyDate&dir=Desc&tab=All&status=all&mo...

HP Recommended

Thank you!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.