Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15 TS Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Lately, my PC has been freezing unexpectedly.

What I mean by this is, the entire screen would not move for a certain amount of time, and when it happens I am unable to move around the mouse or the cursor. It happens at the most unexpected of times, and I am not sure why that has been happening. It has not been happening at all during the past five months of this year (Jan. - May, and most of Jun.).

During the week of the 23rd Jun., it has started freezing unexpectedly. I believe during one of those days that week was a thunderstorm, and I was volunteering for a volunteer program at my campus, and I was initially under the impression that the storm could have affected my PC's performance and causing it to freeze unexpectedly like that. But as the days continued to go by, and even up to the beginning of this month, it still continues to freeze unexpectedly.

I have tried multiple times to restart/shut down the computer, which usually helps, but the problem still continues. If the computer isn't unexpectedly frozen, then the second time I restart/turn on my PC, I would have trouble trying to connect to the Internet (which also I initially thought was the storm affecting its performance and/or my campus' WiFi connection), but it's been a few weeks now, and the problem has been ongoing.

I have reached out to HP Customer Support service via phone on Jun. 25 (that same Tuesday when the storm happened), and I explained to them the situation and issue of not having been able to move my mouse around, and having been restarting it and everything. The service was terrible because the person kept telling me that its warranty has already expired. I acknowledge that the computer's warranty is expired because I've had it for four years now, but that didn't really help solve the issue. The issue is still happening, even at this very moment, and I still haven't gotten any form of helpful solution that will help maintain its performance so that it doesn't continue freezing unexpectedly anymore. Its expired warranty has nothing to do with its freezing, as far as I am concerned, and I do need some helpful advice in solving this problem.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.