Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PC won't connect to home Wifi

HP envy x2 detachable pc 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My pc connects to the wifi but keeps diconnecting after a few seconds.
The wifi is working just fine with all other devices, and my pc only has this problem with my home network.
It's been like this for a while some days it'll stay connected without any problems and some days it just won't connect.
2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
675 645 42 97
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Reema98xx

Thanks for posting on the HP Forums! :) 

I would be happy to assist with the intermittent wireless issues you're experiencing. 

Can you please follow the steps here - http://ow.ly/Z4mnL - and let me know your product number? There are many Envy 13 x2 PC models. 

Are you able to connect to the internet temporarily by connecting an Ethernet cable between the laptop and the router? 

I'll also need you to check which Network adapter is currently installed: 

1. Right click on your Start Menu. 

2. Select Device Manager.

3. Click the (+) to expand the section for Network Adapters. 

Let me know what's listed there. 

If these steps resolved your issue please click "Accept as Solution." You can also click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say "Thanks!"

HeyListen
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
Reema98xx Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help!
My product number is: K1Q97EA#A2N
Also, my PC doesn't have an Ethernet port.

And what I found listed under Network adapter is
Two Bluetooth devices, some WAN Miniports, and Intel (R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation