Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC E1P14AV Win10 Pro 64-bit Ver: 18362.535
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I continue to drop my 1 GB Ethernet connection, it diverts to a 100 MB, I have re-installed the PCIe GBE Family Controller ver.8.19.726.2013 and re-flashed the Bios yesterday and it seems to be holding at this time, the driver and Bios updates are from HP but are the original drivers from 2013. Has anyone else had this issue and has anyone found a permanent fix for the problem. I have replaced my router, changed my Ethernet cable to a Cat 6 in place of the Cat 5e, I have ordered a new  cable Modem but I know that isn't the issue, my wife's Dell tower is working fine. Would appreciate the groups input on this.

Thank you 

John A

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, John:

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to update the ethernet driver to the latest version on the Realtek website.

Download, unzip and run the setup application from the W10 driver file at the link below...

https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/network-interface-controllers-10-100-1000m-gigabit...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi, John:

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to update the ethernet driver to the latest version on the Realtek website.

Download, unzip and run the setup application from the W10 driver file at the link below...

https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/network-interface-controllers-10-100-1000m-gigabit...

HP Recommended

Thank you, I was there yesterday but a bit confused as it doesn't show a direct link for that driver, I'll take a second look

Thanks again

HP Recommended

Thank you, that driver worked although the description on the Realtek site was a little vague but that's not on you ( : >

The new driver is ver10.38.1118.2019 and the driver date is 11-18-2019. The link is where you said and the description is under windows download as "Win10 Auto Installation Program (SId:1152921504628272712)".  After downloading and unpacking just run the setup.exe, make sure all other programs are closed.

Thank you Paul for your help on this and Happy New Year to you

Regards

John A

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, John.

Happy New Year to you too!

Paul

HP Recommended

( : >

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.