6 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pairing Bluetooth headphone with Windows Pro 10

HP Pavilion C2B55EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I got a JBL Everest Elite 700 bluetooth headphone and I would like to pair (connect) it with my HP Pavilion G6. I also have the latest updates installed.

1. Control Panel > Devices and Printers > Add a device

No device can be found! (I am sure the headphone is discoverable and it works perfectly with other laptops and my mobile phone)

2. In "Device Manager", there is no "Bluetooth" icon.

3. In Computer Management > Services, "Bluetooth Support Service" is running and is set to Automatic. 

4. In Computer Management > Services, "Bluetooth Handsfree Service" is running and is set to Automatic. 

This is driving me crazy. I don't know what else to do.

4 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
2785 144 327
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @PM87,

Welcome to HP Forums!

I have read your post and wanted to help.

I understand that you tried to connect a bluetooth device to your laptop. Based on the specifications of the model, it does not show that the laptop has a bluetooth adapter.

Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos.

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
PM87 Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey SDJL,

Thanks for the reply.

Can I buy "Bluetooth adapter" for my laptop?

If yes, how? Does it need to be special in any way?

Also, do you know if I will be able to pair my headphones with my laptop through these "USB adapters" (that I also use for my wireless mouse)??

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2785 144 327
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @PM87,

Yes.  You can buy a Bluetooth adapter. If the Bluetooth adapter is for general purpose, you can pair it with Bluetooth headphones, mouse and keyboard. But some Bluetooth mouses and keyboards come with their own USB Bluetooth dongle/adapter which I do not think you can convert it to a universal one.

Please check the product specifications carefully when making the purchase or consult the manufacturer.

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
PM87 Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I didn't know I have to pay attention to the adapter being a universal one. 

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation