Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion-15-p152nu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,
I am using HP Pavilion-15-p152nu and I have been exeperiencing a very frustrating issue for a while, which I can't seem to find solution to and I am begging for help!  The problem is as follows:
1. My notebook randomly loses wireless connection. Most of the times, this happens while I'm using the Internet (browsing, downloading stuff etc.).

2. Sometimes it helps to just disconnect and then connect again to the wireless network. However, it happens that things get more complicated - when I try to disconnect I can't reconnect and after a while the Wi-Fi icon just disappears and when i check the Device Manager it either shows a yellow triangle (when i right click -> Properties it shows "code 10" if that helps) on the Wi-Fi adapter or it is just missing. In some cases a restart seems to resolve the problem for a while (it happens 3-4 times a day and it is so annoying). Sometimes even a restart doesn't help and it somehow fixes itself after an hour or two and couple of restarts.
My Wi-Fi adapter is Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter. I tried uninstalling the device and installing it again. That didn't help. Then I tried to update the drivers from windows which also didn't help. Then i downloaded the drivers from the official page of HP Support for my model from here but those didn't fix the issue too. Then I visited Realtek's website and downloaded the latest drivers for my Wi-Fi adapter (version is 2023.66.1104.2017) and they didn't fix it either. I really don't know what to do and i can't seem to find answer to my question elsewhere.
I will be extremely grateful to anyone who offers me any help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@KrasiSh
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I see that your experiencing issue with the wireless network connection, I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.

Let's try these steps -

Hard Reset -

1) Shutdown the computer.  

2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected.  

3) Remove the Battery. ( not for Built-in Battery computer ) 

4) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds.  

5) Plug-in the Adapter and put the Battery back into the computer if it's a (removable battery)

6) Try to turn on the computer and check, If the issue persists continue next step

Set BIOS default and restart:

1. Restart your notebook.
  2. During startup, press F10 repeatedly until the BIOS menu is displayed.
  3. Once the BIOS menu is displayed, press F9 to restore factory defaults.
  4. Select Yes to confirm.
  5. Press F10 to save changes and exit.
  6. Select Yes to confirm.
  7. The computer restarts using the default settings.

Wireless Module test:

Use the following steps to open the Component Tests menu.

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. On the main menu, click Component Tests.

4. The Component Tests menu displays.

5. Wireless Module Test - This test checks that the BIOS detects the wireless module and that it is enabled.

To run the test, click Wireless Module, and then click Run once.

6. The Wireless Module Test takes 30 seconds to complete.

If the test passes, try these steps:

After your computer has restarted once in Windows test your wireless connectivity. Try connecting to the Internet again.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner
,Thankyou for posting in the HP Support Community.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.