11-04-2011 03:42 PM
I just bought a Pavilion dv6-3017nr three weeks ago and have had nothing but trouble with accessing the network. It keeps telling me my router is bad, but all other devices I have connected to the router work fine. It connected at first, then drops the connection after a few minutes and then disconnects. This is driving me crazy. Any help you can give is appreciated.
11-06-2011 02:12 PM - edited 11-06-2011 02:13 PM
To add a few things to the previous post:
- I have tried downloading and installing a new driver for the network adaptor (Intel(r) WiFi Link 1000 BGN). No change in frustration level.
- I get the following error: "Windows was unable to connect to xxxxx (my network)"
- When I troubleshoot this error, it resets my network adaptor, then tries resolving my problems again. Finally, it states that I need to "investigate router or access point issues." As I stated above, my router works fine with ALL other devices on the network, except my wonderful new HP computer.
Again, any help is much appreciated as I'd hate to start using my new computer as a placemat, since it's not worth much more than that right now without being able to access the internet.
11-10-2011 07:59 PM
I have a DV7 and having problems with the same Intel wireless card. I have several laptops and none of them have problems with the wireless router. I have updated the driver, double checked all the Windows services are set correctly, and everything else I can think of.
Wireless will work for an hour then it drops and it will not turn on again. I have to restart the computer to get wireless back or I plug in an Ethernet cable and that works. At the same time my other laptop right next to my DV7 and it never drops.
I am curious if it is a problem with Intel's wireless NIC or maybe there was a bad lot that made it through quality control.
Stil looking for answers.
11-10-2011 08:44 PM
It looks like this is Intel's problem.
Potential fix here. I have not tried it. Hopefully, Intel is still working on a fix.
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)