Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 14 Convertible PC 14-dy0000 (300N1AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Microsoft Windows 11 Home 10.0.22000 Build 22000 Software build ID : 21WWSL5T601#SABU#DABU

Serial number : [Personal Information Removed] Product number : 3Y0L1EA#ABU

Network adaptor: Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac

I bought this laptop new in July. These issues has been there since then.

Sometimes the network adaptor develops an unspecified problem that shows up as "!" in Device Manager. Requires a reboot to get it back.

When I switch on the hotspot in my mobile phone, the Systray Network pop up does not see it.

I have to go to Settings>Network and Internet > WiFi>Show available networks and connect from there.

Sometimes both the Systray popup and Settings>Networks lose all available connections (my phone tells me they are still active)

Then I use Settings>Network and Internet > WiFi>Manageknown networks to forget one then the whole lot spring into life.

All HP driver and network checks report no problem.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to update the Realtek Wi-Fi driver to the latest version:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp140501-141000/sp140954.exe 

This will install driver version 2024.10.227.0.

Does your notebook have this software installed from the support page?

You may also want to install this if it doesn't...

HP Connection Optimizer

This package provides HP Connection Optimizer (HP Sure Connect) for supported computer models that are running a supported operating system. HP Sure Connect automatically recovers the driver of a communications device that has stopped functioning.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp137001-137500/sp137186.exe 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion. I installed both pieces of software you referenced. There is no improvement in speed of recognizing my phone hotspot. HP Connection Optimizer was installed but updated by your version.

I will advise here if it cures the other problem of phantom errors in the RealTek adaptor requiring a reboot.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.