cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Pavillion laptop will not print since las Windows 10 update

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Since the last remote update to W10 was installed 19.10.16 my laptop will not print. HP wireless printer completely checked by professional and error free. Will not print wirelessly or via USB.

Laptop out of warranty so HP support website won't allow communication via the website. Surely I do not have to replace my laptop without any recourse???

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
25,903 25,835 2,372 5,602
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

MJL-65

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

The problem is that the default HP printer drivers installed by the Win10 Upgrade often do not work. I have two HP printers and neither one worked after the Win10 upgrade. We also get lots of posts from other folks with the same problems.

You need to download and install the Full Feature Software and Drivers for the printer from the HP website.  You didn't bother to mention your printer model, so I can't link you to the page.

Remove any drivers and software that Microsoft installed for the printer.

Then, disconnect the printer and install the software.

Do not reconnect the printer until the installer prompts for it.

After the install is done, reboot.

You should then be able to use your printer in Win10.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation