cancel
NICEBUTDIM Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Plse help.. Trying to install epson xp302 series wireless printer message wsd need driver

hppavilion dv6 2106ea

plse help I am trying to install my epson wireless printer xp302 series on to hp  pavilion dv6 2106ea and message reads wsd print device need a driver, i have tried to install this but no joy, plse bear in mind not a IT person at all, so plse be kind & simple .. ta

2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
18,540 16,498 1,536 3,663
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Plse help.. Trying to install epson xp302 series wireless printer message wsd need driver

NICEBUTDIM

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

When you install an HP printer, the installation program helps with setting up the wireless connection.  The same is most likely true of installing an Epson printer -- but for that, you need Epson software, which HP does not supply.

You need to contact Epson to get the software and installation information:  http://epsonprinter.support/

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
32 28 0 4
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey,

To clarify a driver is a piece of software which is contacting a specific piece of hardware. So in this example you laptop needs to contact your printer which can be done with the driver.

For your printer model there is a specific driver you want. 

I'm sorry I cant provide you with a link because the Epson site is unavailable at the moment for me. However if you google epson and go to their main site. Click on the 'Support' header at the top and type in your model. So in your case xp302. There should be a result with your printer. If you click on that you have all the info and software you need for your printer.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation