03-10-2014 10:30 PM
Hi I have only had my hp envy for 3 months now. I didnt have any problems with pop ups or my internet until I downloaded google chrome last night and ever since then I constantly have pop ups on my internet. Somehow it downloaded optimizer pro scan (I uninstalled it) amd other games on my desktop (I have unistalled those also). I dont know what to do the pop up blocker is on in my internet settings. ANy advice thank you!
03-13-2014 10:03 AM
Welcome to the HP Forums!
For you to have the best experience in the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.
I understand that after installing Google Chrome, you are getting pop ups, but you were not previously. You have uninstalled Google Chrome and some games but the issue remains.You have checked your Internet options and the pop up blocker is on. You can download Windows Defender to help with malware, spyware and popups. Here are links to Microsoft documents on Using Windows Defenderand Getting apps for your PC. Here is a link to a YouTube Video on the subject. How to: Stop pop ups for Free in less than two min. I hope this has helped.
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)