Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Having trouble with this printer - have to keep re-booting it after it has been idle for about an hour otherwise it wont print.  Says no air printer recognized.  Have turned everything off,  reset the printer, reinstalled the printer and  it works for a couple of prints and then goes back to default of not recognizing the printer.  Also have another printer on the computer which use on a regular basis and there is no probelm with this one (not an HP) so it is not the computer.   Ready to throw the HP away and buy something different unless anyone can help with this?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Hippo8, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To provide you with an accurate solution, I would like to know the following:

• Have you tried printing to the printer from other devices apart from the computer?
  • Is there any antivirus software installed on your Computer?
  • Is the printer connected to a wireless network? If yes, is the blue wireless light solid?
  • Could you perform a ping test using the Mac Network Utility and let me know the results.

The wireless status menu on your Mac should also give us quite a lot of information that would help us identify the issue. You can press and hold option-click the WiFi icon and then use shift-command-5 to take the screenshot. Press the space bar when the icon turns into a camera.

While you respond to that. I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

NOTE: Please skip any steps that you may have already attempted:

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
  • Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

Remove and add the printer using AirPrint drivers

Remove the printer-

Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners

Click the printer name, click the minus - sign to delete the printer.

Add the printer-

Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners

Click the plus + sign, click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name and then continue to the next step.

Confirm AirPrint or Secure AirPrint displays in the Use or Print Using menu, and then click Add

Try printing.

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

Hello,

Replies to your queries: in the first 4 bullet points:-

Yes, No, No,, ping test attached

Wireless status screenshot attached. 

Replies to your second set of bullet points:-

Done all five things set out in the bullet points.

The printer is still disconnecting from the wireless network and only connects if I reboot the system and the printer. 

Any further ideas before this machine  goes for re-cycling?!

Hippo 

-Network statusNetwork statusPing TestPing Test

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.