Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre and HP officejet 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer will not stay online and print with my laptop, actually none of the printers that are installed will print. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the programs and drivers. At one time it was saying no driver available. Used the HP download to fix the problems and that didn't work either. Does anybody have any ideas? Thank you 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Q_B-MS01

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's restore the Printer's network settings:

1. From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch ( Setup ). 2. Touch Network Setup. 3. Touch Restore Network Settings. A message appears stating that the network defaults will be restored. 4. Touch Yes. 5. Print the network configuration page and verify that the network settings have been reset.

Once done, use the Wireless Setup Wizard from the printer control panel display to set up wireless communication. NOTE: Before you proceed, go through the list at Before you begin. 1. From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch (Wireless). 2. Touch ( Settings ). 3. Touch Wireless Settings. 4. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard. 5. Follow the display instructions to complete the setup.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your assistance. But my is a OfficeJet Pro 8715, but everything is saying 8710. I just tried the to reset network settings and the report is still says it is a 8710. That is my old printer, I no longer have that one in my house.  So how am I supposed to fix this?

Thank you

HP Recommended

Do not worry about the name. It falls under the same series. 

Try using the HP Smart App: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04675142

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried your solutions but now it won't even print when I hook it to usb. I just uninstalled everything to do with it. I appreciate your assistance but nothing has helped. I have done updates on the printer and on my laptop. I did the windows update 1903 and those didn't do any thing. 

HP Recommended

Let's try to do a root uninstall and reinstall of the software:

Unplug any USB cable, if any, before doing this.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo

14.) Type c:/programdata and click Ok. Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

15.) Restart the computer.

Once done, please download and install the software from here:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

no did not help

HP Recommended

Just wanted to thank you so very much.  Your suggestion worked.  I spent HOURS working on this problem.  This was my last ditch effort!  

HP Recommended

Hi! @Q_B-MS01,

Thanks for writing back to us.

Try the steps recommended below and assign a manual IP to your printer.

- Print a Network Config Page from the front of the printer. Note the printer's IP address.
- Type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings.
- Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.
- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). If you do not know the range, change the last set of numbers (those after the last '.') to 250
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different if so, use that)
- Enter your router's IP (on the Network Config Page) for the gateway.
- Enter 8.8.8.8 for the first DNS and 8.8.4.4 for the second DNS. This is Google DNS. You can choose another external DNS if you wish.
- Click 'Apply'.

Also, download and run HP print and scan doctor on the PC and check if it helps.

Download the HP printer and scan doctor on the PC using this link. Click Here

Let me know if this helps!

Take Care! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.