Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp officejet 4630

My pc says it's connected to my printer wirelessly. My printer keeps telling me there's no connection. I can't print a test sheet or print report without it telling me to connect.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Tmimi before you do try to get a new printer, there are a few more things you could do to resolve the issue:

I recommend you restore the device to network defaults: Click here to visit your user guide for details I've mentioned a screenshot of the steps below for your reference:

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Tmimi

Welcome to HP Community

Please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor from this Link: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Run PSDR v5.0.2 

Once the PSDR detects the Printer, it will show up the IP address and Software Status. 

Select the correct Printer and click on Next. 

PSDR will check if the Printer is on the Network and communication between the PC and the Printer. Once the connection check is done, click on Fix Printing 

Once PSDR goes through all checks and automatic fixes, click on Print a test page. 

Regardless if PSDR printed the test page or not, click on “NO PRINT” 

PSDR will then notify you that there is an update available, click on continue, and PSDR will apply the patch and ask for a reboot. 

Post restart the PSDR will run automatically to check for more issue.  If no issue found close PSDR. 

Keep me posted how it goes 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response. I did all that. Even did the "no print" and my printer still would not connect. The Scan Doctor told me to contact HP.  My computer shows it's connected but the  printer will not connect. I even uninstalled the printer and reinstalled it. Downloaded new software and everything! I just gave up. Maybe I will just get a new printer. They're not that much! lol Thanks again!!!!

HP Recommended

@Tmimi before you do try to get a new printer, there are a few more things you could do to resolve the issue:

I recommend you restore the device to network defaults: Click here to visit your user guide for details I've mentioned a screenshot of the steps below for your reference:

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you. I did that and reconnected to the wifi. The printer showed it connected. But when I went to print a test page, again, no connection. The printer tells me to touch continue to connect. I hit yes to accept the terms for updates and then it comes up Connection Error. I still think it's a problem in the printer.

HP Recommended

@Tmimi I suggest you check my private message for steps on performing a full reset, the instructions are designed for your specific printer and if anyone with a different model would try the steps, it may render the printer unstable, hence a private message would be the safest way of sharing this information: Click here to know how the private message function works.

Stand by for updates!

And have a good day.

(P.S: (If anyone wants these instructions for their specific printers, please create a public post and tag me, I'll be happy to help).

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.