Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
CnfsdCllgeStnt Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ProBook 6560b Notebook with Windows Server 2012 R2 NIC NOT WORKING (LAN WAN Network Adapters)

ProBook 6560b
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hey,

I've been trying to install Windows Server 2012 R2 for a school project. Sadly, on the HP ProBook 6560b Notebook I've run into a problem with finding the Network Adaptor. 

Here's the following driver installs used:

-sp54548

-sp54549

-sp60775

Also, the Intel install for this model's network adapter. All have failed and power cycling didn't contribute.

I've seen in past forums this has a solution but all are dead links or a link to the HP Support page that doesn't list WIndows Server 2012 but every other WIndows OS and Linux.

I ONLY NEED THE ETHERNET TO WORK.

Thank you.

1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
100488 13860 21295
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ProBook 6560b Notebook with Windows Server 2012 R2 NIC NOT WORKING (LAN WAN Network Adapters)

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to try the W8.1 ethernet driver.  Try manually installing it if the auto install method doesn't work.

This package contains the driver installation package for the Intel 82579LM and 82579V Gigabit Ethernet Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63501-64000/sp63881.exe

...and you tried the driver directly from Intel?  I'm surprised that didn't work either.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23073/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-Server-2012...

You may want to use the free file utility, 7-Zip and use it to extract the exe file into its driver folder and browse to it from the ethernet controller in the device manager and see if it installs that way.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation