Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Probook 450 G2 regular Wifi drop out

Probook 450 G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi earlier this year I bought two identical Probook 450 G2 laptops running windows 7 to be used as pool devices and to replace our exsisting machines.

Very quickly i was getting complaints from many users that there were issues with the wifi, both in the office and when using them on site.

We do all our work in the cloud using Citrix, so reliable connectivity to the internet is essential to be able to work properly, our two older laptops Lenovo models have never displayed these issues and users just defer to these older machines.

A little while ago I updated the drivers to the latest versions and thought this had resolved the problem but then again i recieved complaints that they were continously dropping their internet connection.

Today I have done some ping comparrison testing with the results below;-

HP72016

Ping –t 8.8.8.8

Ethernet = Average ping time over 100 pings = 21ms with 0 packets dropped

WIFI = Average ping time over 100 pings = 89ms with 14 packets dropped

HP72017

Ping –t 8.8.8.8

Ethernet = Average ping time over 100 pings = 22ms with 0 packets dropped

WIFI = Average ping time over 100 pings = 86ms with 9 packets dropped

Compared to the results from 3 tests on one of the Lenovo Laptops

1st Ping –t 8.8.8.8

WIFI = Average ping time over 100 pings = 29ms with 4 packets dropped

2nd Ping –t 8.8.8.8

WIFI = Average ping time over 100 pings = 26ms with 0 packets dropped

3rd Ping –t 8.8.8.8

WIFI = Average ping time over 100 pings = 25ms with 0 packets dropped

My hosting company is telling me that the frequency of packet loss and relative speed difference is what is causing the continuous re-connection of the Citrix sessions.

I have Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapters running the latest update, 2023.42.831.2016 drivers. as you can see when compared to the hardwired results and with the lenovo results there is quite adifference.

Can you recommend a solution as I have two laptops that are virtually unusable and therefore a complete waste of the money i spent on them.

regards

Kit67

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation