Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 700-060
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm having problems with the Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11 WiFi adaptor, it sometimes works well, with transfer times up to 35MB/s, but then it seems to drop to just several kB/s or drop out all together. so while watching a YouTube video for instance, it will be OK then freezes and has the rotating wait symbol. 

The WiFi is good for all other devices without isses. can watch Netflix films in HDR on our TV without any issues for example. We recently (December 2019) had our BB updated with Sky Q, when this was forst done the improvement in all devices was a quantum leap, everthing worked very well. but for the las few months I've been having these issues with the WiFi link on my PC.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I should have also said that when my WiFi stops working I have to use the Windows Diagnostics which then states that it needs to reset my WiFi Network Adaptor, which sometimes works OK, but sometimes I have to re-run a few times to re establish WiFi link which may be just about working or working well for a short time.

This is very frustrating, is there any fixes, I've tried to update drivers, but the PC says that they are already installed, so tried to uninstall adaptor and check for new hardware, but it then uses the old originally installed driver.

I've run all manor of checks on my PC, everyting says its all OK?

Can I buy a replacement upgrade WiFi adaptor?

HP Recommended

Hi

An upgrade may be possible, or an external dongle.

ipconfig -all    will give lots of details....

Wireless LAN adapter WiFi:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : broadband
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . :
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.77(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 11 May 2020 09:31:50
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 17 June 2156 17:20:25
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

If you FIX/RESERVE  the IP address settings and make sure you have the maximum lease time then the sky Q box wont have a problem.

IP Resevation.png

Mine is currently on auto but I will change it, once I get a handle on the (D)DNS servers for VodaFone.

Eth IPv4.pngNetwork PolyGlot.png

If in doubt please ask.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.